Monday, October 25, 2010

Last Minute Tacos!

When you live alone, it can be challenging to maintain a stocked fridge of fresh produce and a pantry full of necessary staples.  I won't tell you how many evenings I end up making some version of a grilled cheese (lately with manchego and honey).  Fortunately, last night I had all the fixings for tacos with the exception of meat which, along with taco seasoning, was one of two last minute items I picked up from Whole Foods.  In less than 20 minutes, I had an authentic Mexican meal with likely half the calories.

Ingredients
Corn tortillas            Sharp cheddar cheese      
1 lb ground round         Salsa
1 packet taco seasoning   Additional veggies of your choice
Chopped onion

Directions
  1. In medium-sized pan, brown meat over medium heat; drain.  
  2. Return to heat and combine with taco seasoning (follow specific package directions); bring to a boil. 
  3. Reduce heat to a simmer until desired consistency is achieved.
  4. Assemble and eat!

2 comments:

  1. I remember throwing out a whole lot of food when I lived by myself because I would eat out and forget about my fridge-full of food.
    Your tacos sound like the perfect quick meal...yum!

    ReplyDelete