Monday, January 31, 2011

Davanti Enoteca

focaccia di recco
truffle egg toast, fontina & asparagus
I'm horrified to admit this, but last Thursday was my first visit to Chicago's version of Little Italy.  Clearly, I have been leading a compromised food life for the past 8 years.  My thoughts are now consumed with all things Taylor Street, specifically Davanti Enoteca.

Fortunately, I was with a group of fellow non-vegetarian, cured meat enthusiasts who shared my excitement at ordering every formaggi & salumi on the menu.  

This is rustic, Italian at its finest. Restaurateur Scott Harris helped create an original tone without compromising a necessary authenticity.  Old glass milk jugs serve as chandelier-style lighting and the bar was built from 180-year-old refurbished barn wood. 

The dishes are a thrill thanks to Executive Chef Jonathan Beatty, formerly of Purple Pig fame.  His menu is delightfully approachable and creative.  No reservations at this point so go prepared to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment