Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Mushroom

Don't worry, one of my New Year's resolutions is to blog more.  What can I say, the holidays had me sidetracked!  But fret no more because much of the time I neglected blogging I spent reading and testing recipes from three new cookbooks courtesy of one Mr. S. Claus and my cousin Lauren:)

While home for Christmas, my mom made the most fantastic sauteed mushrooms.  I'm unsure how I could have neglected such a perfectly low-maintenance and versatile veggie for so long.  I made them once again tonight and was quite pleased.  

The key is to avoid over-crowding the mushrooms.  I use a mix of butter and olive oil melted in a large saucepan over medium heat.  Season with salt and pepper and cook until the skin starts to turn a crispy brown.  Top with chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment