Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Avec

bacon-wrapped medjool dates
"deluxe" focaccia
Anyone who knows me knows I'm not big on others sharing my personal space - which is why I've never been a fan of communal dining.  However, I abandon all instinct when it comes to dining at Avec.  Forget that your neighboring diner is close enough to breathe on your plate or has a laugh whose pitch is worthy of shattering glass (this did happen to me several weeks ago, and I was concerned about hearing loss).  Forget that you are quite literally sitting on all of your belongings.  Forget everything.  The menu is worth it =)

My absolute favorites are the "deluxe" focaccia with taleggio cheese, truffle oil and fresh herbs; the chorizo-stuffed medjool dates with smoked bacon and piquillo pepper tomato sauce; the deviled egg crostini with crimini mushrooms, celery leaf and tarragon; the burrata with charred leeks and saba and the whipped brandade with house made garlic bread and chives.  Last time, Lauren and I washed it all down with Cava. Mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment