Sunday, October 17, 2010

Roasted Romas


I don't love tomatoes.  I hate admitting that, but it's true.  They make sandwiches soggy and the taste has never appealed to me.  But manipulate them in any way, and I'm a huge fan, especially when they're roasted.  My cousin Lauren tops them with goat cheese and basil, and they are delish!  You could also put in pasta, on sandwiches or serve on top of a bruschetta.  The options are truly endless.

Ingredients
Roma tomatoes - enough to fill a baking sheet when cut in half
Salt & Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

  1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.  
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment and cut each tomato in half lengthwise removing the core and seeds; I use a spoon to remove.
  3. Drizzle oil over tomatoes and finish with salt and pepper.
  4. Roast for 2-3 hours, until tomatoes are wrinkled and pruney in appearance

No comments:

Post a Comment