Monday, November 1, 2010

Le Petit Diner

Lately, I have been terrible about keeping much of anything in my fridge and there is little hope ahead because of travel and the holidays.  So I'm forced to get creative with takeout.  And while I am not a fan of the word diet, I am mindful of portions.  My motto is (most) everything in moderation.  I abandon this motto on 3 occasions: when my mom bakes, when I eat at my aunt Diane's house and on Christmas Eve.  

Tonight, I stopped into Pierrot Gourmet, the European-style cafe attached to the Peninsula Hotel, and I ordered the petite version of the tuna melt tartine.  Accompanied with a mesclun salad (that I ditched due to a salad for lunch), this is a fantastic dinner option for anyone who is in the mood for hearty but doesn't want to slip into a food coma.  The sourdough bread is lightly toasted and generously topped with tuna salad featuring french string beans, cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives which add a salty bite that I very much liked.

Next time, I'm trying the tenderloin slider on a mini-pretzel roll with mustard-horseradish and red onion jam.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment