Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Brussel Sprout Inspiration

I happen to love a brussel sprout but this is not a consensus shared by most.  I, too, used to have a negative connotation with le sprout because my only memory was of an over-boiled, mushy sphere.  Yech.  Now they're a most fave veggie, and I'm loving them in salads this Summer.  



Super basic - just tear off the sprout leaves and blanch (about one minute in boiling water and then put into an ice water bath), add currants, hazelnuts, shaved Parmesan and toss in a vinaigrette.  To make the salad a little heavier, add pancetta.

For Fall & Winter, try roasting them with olive oil, salt & pepper.  You'll never stop:-) 

p.s. I crave the brussel sprout salad from Sunda - crispy leaves served with chilis, fried shallots and minced shrimp.  Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment