Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Gilt Bar

tenderloin steak tartare
Admittedly, I've been a fan of the latest influx of downtown restaurants - Hubbard Inn, Paris Club and GT Fish & Oyster to name several - but my current obsession is Gilt Bar.  Anyone who has been to Maude's Liquor Bar will immediately recognize similarities among ambiance and menu items but Gilt offers a speakeasy vibe as compared to MLB's more Violet Hour flare.

Tonite, I met one of my favorite food companions, Jason, for cocktails, heavy apps and a much needed catch-up.  We started with the burrata over a bed of split peas, arugula & radishes followed by tenderloin steak tartare with a slow poached egg yolk, shallots & capers and the blackened cauliflower with pickled red onion, capers & chili.  These savory dishes were perfectly rounded out with the sticky date cake and coffee ice cream.  Already contemplating my next visit:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment