Monday, October 11, 2010

Cultivate LA

A couple weeks ago, I was visiting one of my dearest friends, Meg, in LA for the weekend. And knowing the foodie in me, she took me to an event for Cultivate LA.  For those that don't know, Cultivate LA is part of the United Friends of the Children Organization and as taken direct from their website, "Cultivate L.A. brings together the finest Los Angeles restaurants, specialty food vendors, and wine makers from throughout California at one of L.A.'s most scenic private homes. Guests are introduced to the fabulous resources Los Angeles has to offer food and wine lovers in our area.  An evening of casual elegance, Cultivate L.A. celebrates the creativity, the passion, and the heart of Los Angeles."

This particular event was held at a private residence in Brentwood with special guests Giada De Laurentiis and Alice Waters. Both were signing their most recent cookbooks, and it was all I could do not to grab another guest's book and claim it as my own to get a signature!

I purchased both of the ladies' books: In the Green Kitchen: Techniques to Learn by Heart by Alice Waters and Giada at Home: Family Recipes from Italy and California by Giada De Laurentiis, both of which are going to keep me plenty busy this Fall & Winter!


Take a look and let me know which recipes are your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment