Monday, October 11, 2010

Mustards Grill Mongolian Pork Chop


Earlier this year, my dad and I took a trip to Napa and Sonoma.  It was my first time there (which is tragic considering I'm nearly 30 years old), and it was magical.  I had visions of quitting my job and pouring wine tastings for the next two years!  Unfortunately, my pragmatic self prevailed and I did board the plane home but not before I had the MOST FANTASTIC pork chop of my life at Mustards Grill in Yountville.  The savory flavors of hoison and soy in the center-cut double pork chop were perfectly balanced with the sweet and sour red cabbage and of course, homemade mustard.  And if you don't believe me, maybe you'll trust Bobby Flay who also referenced this succulent dish on a recent episode of The Best Thing I Ever Ate! 

If you're brave enough to attempt the recipe, you can find it at the Mustards Grill website.  Quite frankly, it seems easier to fly back to Napa than to recreate such a masterpiece but for those of you who want to give it a whirl, let me know how it turns out!

Now what to do for dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment